Tuesday, February 9, 2016

How To Travel: The Envelope System


I'm calling this series How To Travel because all the tips and guides in the world are useless if you don't know how to save and plan for a trip. My method for saving is very simple. It begins with research. Find out the exact dollar amount of all your trip expenses. I do this by going through the steps of booking a plane ticket and hotel to get the exact price and then hold off on booking till I have the money. After I find out how much it will cost I create pretty envelopes for each expense. What's the difference between the envelope system and throwing money in a savings account? Not only does it feel really good when you've filled an envelope and can move on to the next, but by knowing exactly what you have put away and for what, it becomes a billion times easier to know how much you have left to go.


 The next step is to divide the total amount of the trip by how many months you have till departure to clarify how much money you need to save per month. Don't "just keep saving till you have enough" have a departure date set so it's just a matter of "how much time do I have?" Then SAVE YOUR BUTT OFF. Don't make enough money to save what you need? 

TAKE AND MAKE EVERY CONCEIVABLE MONEY MAKING OPPORTUNITY!

And that, ladies and gentlemen, is step 1 to How To Travel.


Subscribe to My YouTube Channel to be notified when my 
3 Steps To Taking Your First Trip video goes live!


If you like this post and the tips I shared you can subscribe to my blog for exclusive travel worksheets and checklists made by yours truly. 




 Also, let's talk! Do any of you have saving tips to share? Put it in the comments below.